Monday, April 13, 2015

HYSTERECTOMY HORRAY!

I have been a sufferer of severe PMS/PMDD for 25 years,I've dealt with these "raging bitch" hormones,tons of crying spells for no particular reason,sleepless nights,too lethargic during the days to do anything,terrible terrible OCD,excessive bleeding and clotting during "that time of the month" to where I have to wear depends,and two night-time maxi pads AND a "puppy pee pad" all that one time for the bleeding,the worst anxiety I've ever had,low self esteem,and jekyl and hyde personality changes at the drop of a hat just to name a few! I'M DONE! I can take it NO MORE!!! I've decided to go under the knife to rid Myself of My female inards,as they served Me for the 2 beautiful children I have. I am extremely grateful to have them,and have had the privelligde to carry them. To be a Mother is a true joy of it's own. But with the birth of My son lastyear,I had THE WORST PPD,even worse than I had it with My Daughter. My PMDD symptoms worsened and I found out I had a hormonal imbalance along with another bag of issues with My lady parts as it were. My husband was and still is wanting another child,and so did I for the longest time,but I can no longer tolerate My PMDD symptoms,as they are too out of control,and making My family life a living hell! PMDD is a SERIOUS illness that affects MANY women,and more awareness needs to be brought to it's attention!!! And so after the most careful and well thought  out consideration for years,and after I've decided to just enjoy the family that God has given Me,I will no longer be able to have any more children. Which was THE HARDEST decision I've ever had to make in My life,however I want My life to be as enjoyable as it can be instead of just grasping at a couple days a month here and there,that are PMDD and period free,which are few and far between. My hubby is saddened by My descision,because of the no more kids thing,but he really needs to understand things from MY perspective,as it's been ME to suffer the symptoms,and that have then poured over into My family life,that I want to improve to the best of My ability. I no longer want to dread having to go out and have embarrassing outbursts of anger,and tears,and I don't want to have to fear being somewhere outside of the house and bleeding all over Myself and having accidents. I've been far far to miserable for much to long,I just pray to God,that a total hysterectomy will work for Me,and lessen My symptons, and give Me a much better quality of life. And so here I am chronicling My surgery,from pre-op to post-op,and I will be writing any changes in mood etc. and all the gory details. I think it's important to share My story,as I'm not the only one out there suffering the wrath of PMDD,and certainly not the last! I hope you'll join Me in My 3 week countdown till My total hysterectomy,My journey is only beginning! Please pray for Me and wish Me luck! Warmest Regards -The 
Hormonally Challenged 
Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment