Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dr.Appointment Pre-Op

So I went in today to My GYN and got the endometrial biopsy AKA the alien probe. And it wasn't that bad,there was a pinching and some cramping and after bleeding,but it was alright. While seeing My GYN doc,before I had the biopsy,she talked to Me to confirm My hysterectomy surgery for Friday May 1st @5:30am,and then she said "a hysterectomy with the possiblity of removal of one ovary" And I was like "Um no,I want BOTH ovaries out because of My PMDD issues" she strongly suggested that I keep the one left ovary,since My right ovary has cyts in it anyway. I was stubborn to comply with her,but after the argument that I would go into full blown surgical menopause which she said that the moodswings can be worse than with PMDD,and hotflashes,nightsweats,and the pain in the ass that hormone replacement is,and finding something to work for you is a crap shoot,I agreed to keeping My left ovary. I felt it was the right decision to make in My case,plus honestly even though I don't want anymore periods,I really don't wanna go into menopause at 36 years old,and worry about all the repercussions that go along with it. Plus I'm really not keen on hormone replacement,since every and all birth control and hormones has had terrible adverse affects on Me. My Mom also had problems with the patch and birthcontrol as well. So I've made the descion with My GYN doc that it would be best,and My one left over ovary will hopefully provide the hormones naturally to keep Me balanced for some years before complete menopause. At least that is My hope! We'll see how it goes,luuckily this is right,but she says if after a year I have trouble with it,then she can always remove it. That did give Me some peace of mind. :-) I need to figure out what to name My ovary that will remain?....
I think I'll call him Larry! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment